TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thoughts as we enter Elul.

To the extent that we are able to nullify ourselves, we become closer to Hashem.

from:   Elul: Month of Relationships
Teacher: Mrs. Shira Smiles

It is Rosh Chodesh Elul today and I am sitting in the hospital waiting for someone to get out of surgery.  I am grateful to Hashem for putting me in a position of helplessness as I wait for good news.  It brings me to a place of realizing that all of our plans are meaningless without Hashem's plans for us.   As I look around at all of the sick people around me, I realize again what a gift good health is.  As we contemplate the new year, we should be aware of all of the blessings in our lives.  If we can eat and breathe and walk and we have a roof over our heads, we have a lot to thank Hashem for.  Last year at this time, I never dreamed that I would have such a hard year.  Baruch Hashem I have the chance to beg Hashem for a year of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails