TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, February 19, 2010

Saying Goodbye to my old friend -A Personal Note


We talk about the Mitzvah of Guarding our Lives/Health. We know that we can make a difference, but we don't realize just how big that difference can be. Last night I went to an ENT doctor for a routine check up. He told me that now that I have lost 45 pounds my reflux disease is completely gone. After doing an endoscopy he said, "the difference on the inside of your body is as dramatic as the difference on the outside of your body, your airways are open now, you can stop taking your medicine."

I felt the need to share this so that people will know that this is not about vanity.

Since I came back from the doctor I have been feeling very emotional. I have been thinking about it a lot and I came to the realization that now I feel a Chiyuv, obligation, to keep going, and that is scary. Up till now I felt like I was doing a voluntary thing, now I see that it is truly life and death.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I am new to this blog and find it very interesting. I heard about it from this morning torah and twelve step program. This past Friday I saw a show of what an actual healthy and unhealthy heart looks like not a picture but the real thing- and the unhealthy looked really scary. It made me think that I better do sometning and fast!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails