TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Thursday, October 14, 2010

The secret of life from Rabbi Tatz

 A person is inspired artificially at the beginning of any phase of life, but to acquire the depth of personality which is demanded of us, Hashem removes the inspiration. The danger is apathy and depression; the challenge is to fight back to the point of inspiration, and in so doing to build it permanently into one’s character.

Why a Good Time Never Lasts

Inspiration and Disappointment
by Rabbi Akiva Tatz

When I first started OA I was on a high, I was losing a lot of weight and felt so good to be fully controling my eating for the first time in my life.  Now I am still happy to be abstinent, but it is not the same high.  I have to work on appreciating what I have a attained and not looking for the fireworks of the first few months.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this important piece of chizuk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails