TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unnecessary attachment to a physical thing.

As I was turning over my kitchen I remembered something that I read in a Sefer by Bilvavi Miskan Evneh about the pain that we feel separating from the physical world after we die.  He mentions that a Tzadik has no problem with this, is is like taking off one set of clothes and putting on another.  As I was getting rid of my extra chometz I was thinking about how difficult this has been in past years.  It made me feel like I was parting with something of value, that I had invested in and didn't want to get rid of.  I realized that this feeling of attachment to a physical thing has caused me unnecessary and silly pain.  By emotionally detaching from it, and declaring it valueless in my mind, I could make the turnover much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails