TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Monday, January 23, 2012

"I'm not different"



When Yakov struggled with the angel and won, he asked the angel what his name is and he refused to answer. Rabbi Wallerstein said that the angel's name (the Yetzer Hara) is, "I'm different". Everyone thinks that "I'm different, I can do what I want and get the results that I want"  But that is the trick of the Yetzer Hara, he wants us to think that we are different and we don't need the rules and regulations of the Torah.  If we want to grow in Yiras Shamayim we have to realize that we are not different.

from a Shiur on Torah anytime:

http://www.torahanytime.com/scripts/media.php?file=media/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/2011-12-21/You_are_the_Miracle/Rabbi__Zecharia_Wallerstein__You_are_the_Miracle__2011-12-21.wmv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails