TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The root of needless fear is self imposed isolation.

To the extent that I am in love, I will not feel fear.  If I am connected to Hashem I will not have fear.  The root of needless fear is self imposed isolation.  This causes me to be thrown into a world of fear.  Isolation from Hashem creates fear.  If you speak loshon harah you are isolating yourself from Hashem because you are going against Hashem's will.  The more that you isolate yourself from Hashem and you enter a world of fear, the more that you are hurting yourself.  When you isolate yourself from your inner being, you also create a great deal of fear and hurt yourself.
When I think there is nothing other then Hashem to fear, I am coming closer to Hashem, Fear of Hashem  is healthy.

from the Shiur by Rabbi Leib Keleman, "Love & Fear"  http://www.simpletoremember.com/media/a/LOVE_and_FEAR/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails