TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, November 7, 2010

Defining our needs

Every morning in the morning Brochas we thank Hashem for giving us what we need, and for giving us strength, among the other important things in our lives.  It is amazing how important it is for us to really define our needs.  Rebbetzin Heller says that if we don't have what we think we need for ourselves or our families,  either we didn't need it, or it is going to come from another source.

Now that have been on OA for overy a year, I am learning that I can live with much less then I used to think that I needed.  I am grateful to Hashem for giving me the strength to follow the food plan that has allowed me to redefine my needs.  Learning to eat in moderation has brought me to redefine my needs in life, and helped me to become more confident in my ability to control other aspects of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails