TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Monday, November 22, 2010

Don't fall into temptation.

Last night I went to a Shiur by Rebbetzin Heller. she was talking about overcoming Nisyonot.  She pointed out that when Yosef was in Potifar's house and Potifar's wife wanted him, he thought that he had failed the test because he wanted her too.  Despite the fact that he thought that he had failed the test, he did not give in and fall into temptation further.  He strengthened himself with the image of his father and didn't give in.  He could have said, " I failed the test, the sin is even just wanting her, and I did want her, so I might as well do whatever I want since I failed the test" but he didn't do this, he realized that even when you do something wrong you should stop then and there and not do anything else wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails