TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Self control as a path of spiritual growth.

Last night I was at my regular shiur about Tefilah (by a Rebbetzin who does not want to be quoted) based on the book by Rabbi Shimshon Pinchus about Tefilah.  We were learning about the idea of Amidah- standing before Hashem.  Our teacher said that the more that we nullify our body the closer that we come to Hashem. 
 This morning I got up early to weigh a lot of portions of food for the future.  Sometimes it is very difficult to weigh out 8 ounces of vegetable and have to put that extra onion back, but I realized this morning that every time I put back that extra piece of vegetable, I am exercising self control that is nullifying my self and bringing me closer to Hashem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails