TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, January 1, 2010

Extreme Pleasures-"Bilvavi Miskan Evneh"


From "Getting to Know Your Self" by Bilvavi Miskan Evneh page 347


"One who is focused on extreme pleasures can either have physical pleasure or he will use an extreme method to try to get some spiritual delight. This may have some merit as a transition into the spiritual realm, but it is not the goal. We must reach the center and live there."


Since starting OA I have discovered that I can get much further by using the center path. Instead of listening to 3 or 4 Shiurim in one night and none for the next day or two, I try to learn every day. Instead of going on a crash diet and binging the next, I eat a proper and healthy amount of food. As I watch people around me mixing their diet shakes and other extreme measures, then binging the next day, I am grateful that I eat yummy healthy food 3 times a day.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails