TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey Mom I need Money

From A Shiur By Shira Smiles on Parshas Beshalach

When you have a child who is away at school and you know that they only call because they need money, you do not enjoy the call as much as a child who calls just to say hello.

If we only turn to Hashem when we need something we are like the child who only calls to ask for money. If we have kavanah while davening and saying Brachas we are like the child who calls just to say Hello.

I remembered this when my phone rang and it was a child away at Yeshivah and I thought to myself, "how long since I sent this child money?", even if the child was only calling to say Good Shabbos.

2 comments:

  1. So are you saying that davening to Hashem, even if not requesting something, is reminding Hashem to send them Bracha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thought. It was not what I started out to say, it kind of evolved.

    I have heard in several Shiurim that when we daven to Hashem we become a person worthy of more Bracha and therefor recieve more Bracha. I think that this fits in with this thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails