TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, January 15, 2010

Living your life with Kedusha by Rav Berkowitz-2


From the Shiur Living Your Life with Kedusha by Rav Berkowitz on Aish Audio

Neediness is wrong, neediness is traif. This is not an independent mitzvah it is a way of protecting yourself from doing things that are forbidden.
The Mitzvah of Kedoshim Tihiyu (be holy) is to rise above the need for Olam Haze, so that you do not become so attached to something that you can't live without it.

Before joining OA I thought that I needed so much more than I really do. I am just as happy without my chocolate, and treats. But even more than that I have discovered that many things are delicious without the added oil, sugar, or flour that I thought was needed to make them taste good. It is actually empowering to discover just how little you really need to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails