TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ben Bag Bag Taught:

You should study the Torah from all sides and you will always turn up new knowledge, because all the wisdom of this world is in the Torah. You should look into it all of your lifetime and grow old and gray with it. You should never move away from it, for there is nothing in the world that is better than the Torah. (Pirkei Avos 5:26)


All the diets in the world never worked for me. I cannot deny the wisdom of some of their food plans, which were well thought out and balanced. Some of these programs even used similar strategies to those I use today. But try as I might, I had no lasting success. The key component of Torah was missing. Only when I added this component, was I able to make a dent into my problem.

Today I use Torah and Tefillah on a daily basis to help me stay abstinent. It helps me sort out trivialities from true priorities. The result is a serenity I never knew before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails