TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hidden Sugar in Cottage Cheese- an alert from a reader

Just that you know and be alert!

I purchased a new, cheaper brand of cottage cheese yesterday. My son and I tasted it this morning and it tasted 'different' than 'regular' cottage cheese. My son checked the ingredient list, which I did not think of doing before purchasing and sure enough this cheese has more 'additives' than 'whole ingredients'. Amongst this mishmash of ingredients were maltodextrin and cultured destrose! Brand name: 'Ateres'. Needless to say that container is now in my trash can!

I never thought I have to check cottage cheese, from now on I'll check everything, even bottled water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails