TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Thursday, December 23, 2010

The importance of our choices.

My reading this week has been about realizing that Hashem is running the world, seems obvious, but it is not easy to really internalize. I read something that suggested that once we learn to make intelligent food choices on a consistent basis, we can apply the concept of careful decision making to every choice we make in our lives, focusing on doing Hashem's will. In essence, taking the self control that we have learned from OA and applying it throughout our spiritual life. Now that I have over a year of abstinence, eating food to fuel my body and not my desires, I can see where the focus of my work has to be.

For more thoughts on choices follow this link:

http://tiforoa.blogspot.com/search/label/choices

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails