TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Choosing between good and evil.


The Supreme King! G-d who dwells on high, who is powerful on high, may the strength of His hand be exalted--forever shall He reign. (Mussaf-Rosh Hashana)

The overriding theme of Rosh Hashana is the acceptance of Hashem's sovereignty. It is a message I easily relate to, this acknowledgment of Hashem's boundless Majesty.

As a direct result, I must also acknowledge my responsibility and purpose on earth, that of choosing between good and evil. My mission in life is to follow the precepts of the King, in all aspects of my life. I recognize that the Ribono Shel Olam is a loving Father and everything He desires for me is for my benefit and elevation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails