TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Compassion for all of Klal Yisrael.

Establish peace, goodness, blessing, graciousness, kindness and compassion upon us and upon all of Your people Israel. (Amidah)


Through program work in OA, I have been privileged to share, in an unprecedented way, with lofty Jewish Neshomos. They have shared from their innermost souls and I have been the beneficiary. The diversity of my friends in program enriches my life. It gives me the fulfilling experience of learning and sharing with others.

Overeaters Anonymous has reinforced the importance of sisterhood and love of one another. It is no longer necessary for me to be "right", but to avoid conflict. Focusing on unity brings serenity.

Working on meaningful relationships and trying to emulate Hashem, who showers compassion on all of Israel, is what satiates the void in me today. There is no need to turn to food for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails