TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Trading one heartbreak for another.


Deliver me, Hashem, for the waters have reached until my soul. (Tehillim 69:2)

I've been wrong about a lot of things. One was the notion that I must avoid uncomfortable feelings. To this end, I anesthetized myself with food, trading one heartbreak for another.

I cannot avoid that which is destined for me. Pain comes and goes, but if I am anesthetized, so does joy. When I smooth the bumps of suffering in life with the product of my addiction, I also do not recognize the joys as they fly by.

Today when I feel I am drowning, I turn to the Al-mighty with my burdens. It leaves me with a feeling of lightness and freedom. The pressure on my joints is relieved, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails