TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Taking advantage of a new begining.


You remember the deeds done in the universe...For there is no forgetfulness before Your Throne of Glory and nothing is hidden from You before Your eyes. (Mussaf-Rosh Hashana)

I approach G-d, on this awesome day, with great trepidation. I know that He has perfect recall, and knows even my subconscious thoughts and motives. My embarrassment is great, due to previously failed commitments. Furthermore, true to the nature of mankind, I have erased from memory those deeds which reflect my inadequacies.

How do I utilize the full potential of this awesome day? I must internalize the concept that "The barrier to change is a lack of belief in my capacity to change". With the help of Hashem, all is possible.

Today is the birthday of the world. I have been given a new, pristine beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails