TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I have the audacity to ask the Ribono Shel Olam for mercy, and yet live a life of contradiction?


Remember us for life, O King who desires life, and inscribe us in the Book of Life--for Your sake, O Living G-d (Amidah - Aseres Yemei Teshuva)

Obesity curtails life. There is a direct correlation between excess weight and the development of cardiac problems, diabetes and a myriad of other diseases R'L. I look with disdain at the alcoholic and drug addict who is obviously squandering his years. It is easy to see another's faults.

How do I have the audacity to ask the Ribono Shel Olam for mercy, and yet live a life of contradiction? Can I continue to wallow in physical indulgence and have the Chutzpah to ask for a "good life"? If I want my Tefillos to be pleasing, my actions must reflect the utterances of my lips. I must show Hashem that I am serious about tackling this challenge in my life.

It is then that I can hope for salvation and the blessings of infinite mercy. It is then that I can ask for a life filled with sanctity and purpose, that Hashem lead me in the path of His Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails