TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Get dressed each day as if you will be going before a Gadol Hador.

Recently I had a very difficult question arise that required going to ask a Shailah of a Gadol.  I was at work and had no time to go home and change.  I learned a very important lesson from that, "Get dressed each day as if you will be going before a Gadol Hador."  We never know what the future holds and we have to prepare ourselves to face any eventuality. 

For those of us on OA Tznius can be a very big Nisayon. When we  lose a lot of weight we want people to notice how good we look, but we don't want to do something wrong.  I shared this observation at a meeting last night and many people thanked me so I wanted to share it here  Every morning when you are ready to go out the door, look at yourself in the mirror and say, "If I have to go in front of a Gadol the way that I am dressed, will I be happy with the way that I am dressed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails