TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, July 18, 2010

A powerful guest post from someone in a moment of despair

The Agony of Picking Up

Here I am, sitting on my bed

Miserable as ever, my head only sees red

Why did I pick up, where did i go wrong

What happened that made me turn to my favourite song

It all starts so innocently, it’s fine to have just one

Why do I have to be so strict, can’t i have a bit of fun?

But the fun isn’t fun at all, it leads me on a path
Where the sickness I feel is the only aftermath

The food is like an enticing trap that looks so very sweet

Smiles, laughter, beautiful scenes lure me in so deep

And then suddenly i find myself trapped inside

Feeling so deflated as i’m carried away by the tide

“I’m not so bad, I don’t need this” my mind begins to tell me

I’m not overweight so I can eat anything I fancy

But it’s not true, says my Yetzer Tov, everything has its price

My mind loses all its common sense after that one little slice

I wish I was a normal eater and didn’t have these crazy thoughts

But when I’m in program, I learn so much from all the lessons I’m taught

I remember when I thanked HaShem for having this disease

Or else I never would have come to learn from people like these

From each member of the fellowship, I have gained so much

Total acceptance, love and encouragement without any fuss

No judgements, no criticisms, sharing without fear

Phone calls to strangers who listen with open ears

I hope and daven that the day will come when I can taste for real

The beautiful life that I can lead when abstinence I feel

Thank you all for sharing, and for waiting patiently

Whilst I work my way, with HaShem’s help to return to sanity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails