TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, July 23, 2010

We don't just thank Hashem for rain, we have to thank Hashem for every raindrop.

From the Yom Tov of Tu B'av we learn Hakaras Hatov (gratitude).  One of the reasons that Tu B'av is a special day is that the victims of the masacare of Baitar were allowed to be burried on Tu B'av and they had not decayed.  One might say, "that's a blessing, a blessing would have been if they had not been murdered."  Our Rabbis wanted us to know that we do not thank Hashem only for the big things, we have to thank Hashem even for the good in the bad.

from the Shiur on Naaleh: Tu B'Av
Teacher: Mrs. Shira Smiles
 
One of the most powerful tools of OA is our nightly gratitude list.  I am very grateful that my sponsor told me a long time ago that whenever I can one of the items on my gratitude list should be something that is seemingly bad and yet I found a positive aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails