TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Having the proper mental attitude as I begin my Shabbos preparations.

Guest Post:
The following is appropriate when preparing for Shabbos:

And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in...(Shemos 16:5)

As I begin my Shabbos preparations, I am mindful to begin with a proper mental attitude. Of course, I want to enjoy savory meals in honor of the Shabbos. At the same time, I also want clarity to participate fully in all the joys of Shabbos. To that end, I need to prepare for an "abstinent" Shabbos.
Yes, it is challenging, but it can be done! It is a matter of organizing and prioritizing. By beginning early, I avoid undue pressure. If possible, I delegate some tasks to others, so that they, too, may share in the Mitzvah of preparing for the Shabbos Queen. As I weigh and measure, I can say the words "L'kovod Shabbos Kodesh" and pray that Hashem bless my home with an aura of serenity and tranquility, and that the Kedusha of Shabbos linger and sustain me from one week to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails