TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Thursday, April 22, 2010

Focus on gratitude


Let us thank our G-d, let us thank our Master, let us thank our King, let us thank our Savior... (Ein K'Alokeinu)

When I focus on gratitude, the petty annoyances seem to disappear. No longer do I sulk over things which don't go my way. It is evident that the Al-mighty has showered me with abundant goodness.

When I first began to enumerate my gratitudes, I felt it would be boring and repetitious. However, the more I practice, the more evident it becomes that Hashem is continually watching over me as a Father watches over a beloved child. Every day Hashem is helping me. The cumulative benefit of many small things which go right in my day is easy to overlook. But it is each of these small things which calls for my thanks to the Holy One for His special intervention on my behalf.

We thank You for inspiring us to thank You. (Modim D'Rabbanan).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails