TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, April 11, 2010

Self-imposed slavery


Blessed are You, Hashem, our G-d, King of the universe, for not having made me a slave. (Bircas Shachris)

I thank Hashem for freedom from self-imposed slavery to a substance called food. No longer is my brain enveloped in a food fog. No longer does this substance take over my life, dominate my thoughts and actions, reactions and emotions. My relationships are smoother because I have eliminated the "highs" and "lows" brought on my ingesting the wrong foods.

The Torah tells us that it is incorrect to voluntarily submit to servitude. If one chooses to bind oneself to a master, (beyond one's obligation), one is obliged to have his ear pierced at the doorpost, for a servant's time is not his own and he becomes a slave to his master's desires.

I choose freedom today so I may be totally available to serve only the true Master.
guest post by Hessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails