TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, April 2, 2010

Erev Shabbos/ Yom Tov and eating

It is amazing how much you can eat and still think you didn't eat anything.  When you sit down to your weighed and measured food, you know that you had your meal and you don't need to eat anything else.  Now as I look with different eyes, I see that Erev Shabbos/Yom Tov is a time when everyone is busy and they don't "stop to eat" so they just nibble.  I can't believe how much food gets consumed without a feeling of satiation.  I know that I used to do it to and I am grateful for my weighed and measured portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails