TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Thursday, April 15, 2010

Humility brings Bitachon

If a person has doubts about Hashem, don't work on your doubt, work on your humility. Hashem says that a haughty person can not live in the same world with Hashem.  This means that a haughty person is in a black hole that causes doubts.  If a person is humble, they will see the greatness of this world and all of the good that Hashem created. Real humility means that you recognize your greatness, but you also recognize that it comes from Hashem.


from the Shiur:
Parshat Tazria & Metzora: Profound Purity

Teacher: Mrs. Shira Smiles Class: Parsha for Our Lives 5770

As I walk around looking like a new person (half the size), people stop me to make a fuss.  It is important to remember that it was not me.  I never could have lost this weight by myself, it is not me, it is only because Hashem helped me to find OA and become abstinent and stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails