TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Seeking wisdom from the right source.


Guest Post
Since it is traditional to begin saying Pirkei Avos after Pesach, I have chosen the following:
R' Yose bar Yehudah of Kfar Habavli taught: If someone learns Torah from the young, what is he like? He is like a person who eats grapes that are not ripe and drinks wine that is not yet ready. But if someone learns Torah from older people, what is he like? He is like a person who eats ripe grapes and drinks aged wine. (Pirkei Avos 4:26)

When people have been doing something over a long period of time, they develop a depth and scope that is not possible with lesser experience. I benefit from aligning myself with a person of such expertise.

There is a hierarchy in program (OA), which directs us as to who can guide whom. The wisdom of this is expressed in the above Mishnah. If I want success, I need to find a sponsor who understands me, because she has experienced and mastered the same challenges I am faced with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails