TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Friday, March 5, 2010

Dvar Torah from a Torah 12 Step Meeting

This mornings meeting was about ways of making Shabbos meaningful without indulging in food. One woman shared that she uses Shabbos as a time for gratefulness. She talks to Hashem and expresses all of the reasons that she is grateful, going through all of the blessings of her life. She said that she often takes a walk and spends the whole time telling Hashem how grateful she is.

There were so many people sharing that I was not able to get on the conference call so I will share here. Just like some people put a lot of time into planning their food, I plan my learning. I will buy myself a new sefer L'kovod Shabbos, or a Magazine. I give myself something to look forward to that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails