TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Saturday, March 13, 2010

Zerisus (alacrity) va Pezizus (haste)

From the Book, "Building a Sanctuary in the Heart (part 2)"  By Bilvavi Miskan Evneh  page 51

Although zerisus (alacrity)  is a holy quality, pezizus (haste) is not.  Haste prevents a person from developing the trait of patience, and deprives him of the simple understanding that our efforts are like palnting a seed in the earth.  It can take half a year until a plant sprouts.

One of the amazing side effects of joining OA has been to learn to develop more patience.  I joined a group that follows that rule that until you have 90 days of abstenence you can not get up and share.  I never waited so long to be able to express myself before, and I grew so much from it.  There are many other ways that I am learning to develop patience, and I am very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails