TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Sunday, March 14, 2010

The pre-Pesach Dilema --Bal tashkhis

We are all facing the same dilema- how am I going to use up my Chometz before Pesach.  We don't want to waste, but we want to move on and start emptying our cabinets, and our homes of Chometz. 

It is often a time when we have to reflect on things like, "what ever possesed me to buy so much junk", or "who did I think was going to eat that!".  Often shopping in the market was a release for my desires, my creativity and a security blanket.  A well stocked kitchen means a well fed family and of course, a well fed me!  But all to often my eyes were bigger then my stomach, and my pantry was bulging beyond usefullness.  Pesach cleaning meant giving aways a fortune worth of food, promising myself next year would be different.  Well this year was different-Baruch Hashem. 

The longer that I am on OA the more that I have come to see the difference between needs and desires.  Baruch Hashem, I can walk into a market and buy what I came for and nothing else!  My pantry really reflects it.  This year my cleaning lady will be going home with so much less then other years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails