TIforOA

Sanctify yourself through the permissible... Yevamos 20a

Divrei Torah to provide Chizuk in the struggle to balance spiritual and physical needs.

L'Iluei Nishmas Mirkah Bas Yosef




Monday, March 22, 2010

‘I am God, your God, Who took you out of Egypt’

The Sefer Mitzvos HaKatan wrote in his explanation of the Positive Mitzvah of, “I am God, your God, Who took you out of Egypt,” that it means one must know that He Who created Heaven and Earth alone controls above and below. However, to this he added, “This is the basis for what the rabbis teach: At the time of a person’s judgment after death, they ask him, ‘Did you anticipate redemption?’ (Shabbos 31a). Where is this mitzvah written? Actually, it comes from here, for, just as, ‘I am God, your God, Who took you out of Egypt’ means that we are expected to believe that God redeemed us from Egypt, it also means: Just as I want you to believe that I took you out [from Egypt], I also want you to believe that I, God your God, will gather you in and redeem you in mercy a second time.” (Ohr Yechezkel, Emunas HaGeulah, 1960; p. 287)

from the website:
http://www.thirtysix.org/Geulah_bRachamim/Introduction.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails